World On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a World On Fire.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sagas?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus

Angelus

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:48 pm

I was thinking everytime we finish a saga (as in a large enemy is defeated or a dire plot point takes place) we coul add it to the overall plot (and possibly include the 'heroes' and 'villains' in the sites wallpaper for that month?

It could allow those playing to feel more involved and gain recognition for their acts. Furthermore, I was thinking perhaps we should incorperate Monthly events to help the site progress, whether they be fun (A trip to *insert location*) to an epic battle or even something weird (Z-Day anyone?)

This is also for future refference but I was thinking of perhaps placing people in registered teams (think x-men, avengers etc), that we could be "card holders" in and thus feel a little more community in the roleplay.

Just some rp Ideas to put forward...Possibly when we are more booning though.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:27 am

playing on that idea. perhaps regular players could be assigned temporary characters, such as villains or heros meant specificaly for that plot or saga. Also playing on the groups, say a super villins group appears for the plot. it can't be pllayed by one person. so perhaps secretly distributing characters to keep people guessing about who is who in a story line. This idea has worked out a couple time for other groups.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:02 am

Well of course we'll have saga's, what's a roleplay without epic saga's within the plot?
As for the groups, we'll have those as well and just as Angelus said, "When business is more booming" I'm thinking 20 to 30 active roleplayers?

As for Jackels idea "Temporary characters" are always welcome to be posted in the NPC section.

I'm thinking if it's ok with Angelus, I could maybe make his Past Corp group and official villain group, permanent. Different players can get their characters to join and Trace could be the leader... But that's all up to Tim, it's his group *salutes*

It would be nice to have a more heroic group as well though so if anyone wants to volunteer for that, be my guest ;D
Back to top Go down
https://worldonfire.rpg-board.net
Jackel

Jackel

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 am

i'm not taslking about NPC's i was talking about a character who would live or die depending on how thier role was played by a person, as in they sign into the site as that person and post as that person.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:16 am

Somehow I'm not entirely sure that would work... Or that I'd want multiple accounts controlled by one person. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:25 am

I've said this before on other forums. I've controlled ten simutaeous account on one site simply to helpp further a story line and to make sure there was a bad guy to fight. every one wanted to be the good guys. I understood that without the bad guys what's the point?

The way it worked was the admin or mods would chose random or respectable posters. The people that played the characters would be sent a PM with the account name and password. once the plot was completed and the characters were delt with the accounts would be deleted.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:27 am

I'm still not thrilled about having fake accounts on the forum that would eventually go inactive or end up being deleted anyway Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 am

Again. Your forum, your will. these are just suggestions
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:31 am

I might open up to some ideas later on when the forum is a bit more popular. Until then, I'm gonna try to keep it simple ;D
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 pm

I'd be fine with Past Corp being a perminate villain, I set up its system so that a new CEO would come in whenever one dies (So if Trace dies, who knows maybe Karim or Michelle might be mr.big shot), I've sort of being working that into the plot, kind of giving characters subtle hints as Trace about a big bad coming anyway (Talking to Desoto, Confronting Karim, Attacking Allison), All in all we'll wait till we are a bigger group and then proceed forward.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Ah Tim you cunning man, you!
I'd hate to verse you in a game of chess, you'd probably beat me in like 10 moves or less ;D
ALWAYS thinking ahead.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 pm

I wouldn't mind having a quick little session though with the five of us, Past Corp VS The Citizens of Light y'know, I can set something up if you'd like
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Not quite yet but soon cause I know everyone is starving for a good plot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sagas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagas?   Sagas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sagas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World On Fire :: Community Chatter! :: Roleplay Discussion-
Jump to: