World On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a World On Fire.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Buissnessman and a Thief.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus

Angelus

A Buissnessman and a Thief. Empty
PostSubject: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Trace leaned upon a wall in the Metrix slums watching the crowd go by, the vermin of Meta-Humans resided here all ripe for the picking, All ready for recruitment. With a nod of his head everynow and then he knew that his men that surrounded the small area would soon to pick up individuals who he had selected and rush them off for reprogramming.

He tapped his foot as he scanned over them all, none were of devistating importance, all had potentiel obviously but none really spoke out to him. The enhanced abillities would make good grunts, but it seemed down here the more mental based mutants, the psychics, the phantoms and the weather-witches were absent.

Trace sighed as he made note of this fact, It was irritating to find that none really possessed what he was looking for in an elite task force. What he needed was a hunter, a perfect spy or assassin who could do more than just swing a good left hook.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Allison was growing weary of her time in Metrix city, it was basically a hole and she wanted out seeing as there wasn't much for her to do there. She stood across the street by some pawn shop and looked at some of the diamonds in the rings and earrings that were on display in the window, they were really pretty and she wondered how easy, with her powers, she could just... Take them.

She sighed and turned around, a dull look on her face expressing the feelings she had. For one, it wasn't good enough because it would have been too easy and second, why should she steal from someone who couldn't afford to... Ok well we all know that pawn shop owners are con men! That still didn't mean that it was a good enough job and you never know, the rightful owner of those precious stones might come back and try to collect it... Allison turned her attention to the people on the street and looked towards the cash register in the pawn shop. Oh the smile on Allisons face was priceless.

Allison trotted towards some dark alley where she was sure that no one would see her vanish in to thin air, just in case there were camera (which was doubtful) she backed up into a small hidden corner and... Vanished.

Though Allison didn't really vanish in to thin air, you just couldn't see her. She made her way back to the pawn shop and made her way into the back, knocking over as much stuff as she could in order to capture the counter guy's attention so she could do her thing.
As the man rushed to the back to try and stop even more items from crashing to the ground, Allison made her way to the counter and pressed that sweet little button to open it.
The register opened and Allison grabbed all the cash and coins she could, closed the register with her hip and simply walked out of there, ending her little act by dropping some cash by a bum that was sleeping on the bench and scattering the rest of the coins and cash in the middle of the street.

It was a stupid thing to do in the sense that there was no reason to do it, she just thought it would be cool to leave Metrix a little parting gift. Seeing as everyone else was paying more attention to the money scattered all over the street, Alli changed back into a visibly seen human being and saluted the street before turning to walk away from the city for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://worldonfire.rpg-board.net
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Trace watched as the crowd suddenly leapt into action and seemingly rushed towards the money left on the floor by some phantom or supernatural force. The young buissnessman quickly began to make his eyes spin to the familliar regal red as he gazed amongst the crowd, where was the one causing this ruckuss?

Auras illuminated off of all patrons, Trace scanned over each and every patron with delight, soon he would find the pulses in aura that signified the use of a power. His eyes scanned slowly before he found her, walking away from the crowd. Trace laughed to himself as he placed one hand in his pocket and the other in his ear "Target selected." he murmured and made his way through the city a few metres behind Allison. He didn't mind if she noticed he was following her, Her tricks of invisibility were ultimately useless against a man who can see the unseen, though if she harberged any other skills it could leave this mirror shinobi having to recalculate his strategy.

Along the rooftops two Employees of Past Corp recieved the signal loud and clear, one of them was a bald man with sunglasses and a light beard who manipulated the earth, a second level mutant Codenamed:Tera, The other a young girl who manipulated her vocal cords to create sonic booms, a third grade mutant Codenamed:Echo. The two began there movement along the rooftops keeping an eye on the young thief.

Deoradhain placed his hands in his pockets as he walked, remaining at a casual pace as he manuevered through the city.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Allison kept her steady pace towards the way out of the city, not having a care in the world, she was quite pleased with what she had just done. The con man could easily get his money back by ripping off just as many people but at least some of the victims had the opportunity to regain a little bit of what they'd lost and even if you couldn't necessarily call it a job, it was still a good deed and that's all that counted.

The young blonde kept walking and at first she didn't realize that she was being followed but she couldn't help but notice that she was being watched by two shady looking people on the rooftops of some random shop, it was then that Allison couldn't scratch the feeling that she was being followed, she looked around suspiciously and figured out that she could do one of two things that was in her nature.
She could either lose him or... She could catch her follower out.

Allison was just in that mood, it would be fun to see the look on that persons face and just to see how he'd handle it.

She turned a corner into some narrow back-road that you'd find typically behind shops and slipped herself behind a wall so that if she WAS being followed, she could start stalking the stalker and eventually catch them by surprise and ask them what they thought they were doing. Allison really hoped that she was dealing with some sort of amateur because this could be a LOT of fun and it could be the icing on the cake for a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:08 pm

The beauty of the Cursed eyes was the abillity to be one step ahead of your opponent, As Trace watched the phantom manuever away from the path and with the red eyes locked on to her chakra, it was a matter of remaining calm and watching her in te unseen realm. The Mirror Shinobi continued along the path with a smile upon his face, keeping the same pace as he walked passed the narrow path. When he knew his back was to her scratched his ear to activate a small earpiece.

Terra and Echo doubled back, Terra now on a parallel roof to Echo on the opposite side of the street, They prepared to move into a flying duck formation, two behind on either side with Trace leading the pack. The two Company dogs waited for the signal of their commander who seemingly made his way into a small merchant stall. Was that the signal?

"Now." blazed in their ears, Terra and Echos time to shine. As the earth bender placed his foot firmly atop the roof he followed the ripple through to the ground and began to manuever his way to Allisons location, It was irritating with the patter of feet all around to single out a single girl but as long as she stayed away from the crowd it would be fine.

As Terra made his way across the street he attempted to get a good sight on Allison, Echo shadowing her partner all the while.

Trace walked into the store and bowed graciously to the Merchant who was selling maps in his small stall, the blinds pulled over to block out the scourching sun. "I'm looking for a map." said Trace placing his hands on the desk "well you've come to tha right place boy!" said the merchant with a grin, Trace smiled back, still keeping his chakra locked on to miss Allison.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 pm

Allison poked her head out from around the wall and watched a random man in a suit walk passed, he was most definitely the guy who was following her, this place didn't seem to be the kind of place where guys in suits just walked around. Muggers would probably target the guy, Allison was pleased that he walked straight passed her but she wasn't about to risk being followed any more.

The girl blended in with her surroundings again, she wasn't used to using this power so much but this was an emergency and if these guys were after her for sinister purposes as to capture for some reason, most possibly to get back at her father, an FBI agent who brought a lot of criminals to justice.

Allison, found her way back to the main street and continued heading towards the way out of this horribly kept place, although she wasn't seen by other civilians. She slipped her hands in her pockets and paid no more mind to the graffiti and the trash on the street, she turned around, getting out of the way of random people walking by and scanned the entire street using her x-ray vision, she saw the man and the younger girl standing on the roof tops near her hiding place, obviously they were looking for her.

The man in the suit was also seen behind so many buildings as were some shopkeepers, what was it that they wanted? Allison asked silently as she cocked an eyebrow, she wasn't going to let her curiosity get the better of her now. It was time for her to leave this place, she started walking again, thinking that she was out of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:34 pm

It was time for action. Terra, the earth bending terror closed his eyes and concentrated on the earth around Allison in a yards radius and began to make it erupt in a ring like form, ripping the street up to form somewhat of a collesium around the young thief. Echo then proceeded to use her sonic booms to soften the chipped ground as the two employees leapt down to face their target.

"Prepare for trouble." Terra said landing with a large thud and clenching his fist with a huff, "And make it double!" Echo shrieked as she gracefully landed next to him. The two knew their commands and instantly reached for their pistols, armed with pufferfish toxin incoated darts. A barrage of the darts flew from the pistols towards Allison "Invisibility isn't going to help you now" Terra boomed.

Meanwhile Trace began to make his way from the market stall and reacted in shock to the great wall of stone that could be seen in the middle of the street "I said be stealthy..." he murmured before strolling towards the great arena, his red eyes activated to view the battle within.

Inside of the stone walls was nothing but the three Meta-humans and a pile of corpses of those to slow to move away from the great walls. He folded his arms and watched as the battle was about to unfold before his very eyes, Allison would now face the one and only, PAST CORPERATION!
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:59 pm

Allison budged to the side, more like a reflex-like twitch than a dodge, one of the darts whizzed passed her and scraped her arm leaving a small scratch, she regained her visibility and looked at the man and his young female sidekick as it would seem, "What's wrong with you!" she yelled at the two of them whilst holding her arm and checking the scratch. It didn't seem like she had much choice other than to defend herself, it looked like these guys wanted to fight, even if she had no special skill which she could use to go into hand to hand combat with them or any power that she could use to retaliate against one of their attacks.

It was time for plan B. Allison put her hands up in front of her signaling for them to both just take a second to hear her out and took a step towards them, it was negotiation time! And of course, if that didn't work, then and only then could she start trying to fight back.

"Ok, look. I know we've gotten off on the wrong foot" she said with a hint of frustration in her voice, the fact that she was practically in a cage preventing her from having any chance of escaping is enough to make someone nervous! However she continued.
"Before you start shooting at me and killing random people who don't deserve it, you should first tell me whatever the hell it is that you want so if I die today, I at least know what the reason for my death is... You owe me that much" she said, still assuming that these guys just wanted revenge on her father.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:19 am

"Reason...." Terra pondered with a smirk, Echo finished his thought "Reason? I don't think we really have one." Echo cackled, Terra continued the train of thought "Though Big Boss, He's the one that has the reason..." He pondered lowering his gun slowly, Echo mirrored his action "...and that reason was because of her...looks?"
Echo asked Terra, "No..." Terra responded sharply
"Knack for Monopoly?" said Echo still pondering
"Thats not it" retorted Terra
"Ohhh! I got it! We needed her abillities!"
"Bingo!"

The two guns seemingly flashed for a second as two darts flied forward, again with the same toxin, enough to send a meta-human into a coma like state for a few days. As the bullets whizzed towards Allison two metal knives flew from the sky knocking the bullets away, standing infront of Allison was a dark haired red eyed young man with a frown on his face.

"Trace, buddy we..." Terra said scratching his neck, Echo laughed "We thought she was going to kill us!" The two said, Trace grunted and punched his fist "MORONS! I should kill you both!" He barked to them, It was funny seeing a somewhat lanky man intimidate a hulking mass and a femme fatale. The two seemingly cowered as Trace held his fingers together to concentrace, before his irises seemingly cracked with dark brown slits before the two seemingly fainted. A technique utilising the illusionary properties of the red eyes Trace had placed them in their own mental hells, where each second would feel like years.

Trace turned slowly "I apologise..." he said with a sigh and pressed his finger to his ear piece " I need a clean up down here." the young buisnessman said as he eyed the young woman continueing his sentence "...we normally don't let Rookies come along on Recon missions."

Trace walked towards the woman and extended his hand "Kira. Kira Yagami" Trace had decided to use an Alias this time, It just seemed a better Idea for him to come across as a company employee rather than a big boss. "I'm from Past Corperation a local law firm, Pleased to make your acquitance"
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:45 am

"My abilities?" Allison asked in shock, she watched the two threatening figures stand there and prepare to kill her, "what the hell would anyone need my powers for...? How would anyone even know in the first place!?" she asked in her mind. She jumped when the shots were fired and the next thing she knew, there was some guy the came in and started yelling at them while they cowered in fear. Allison could help but stand there in shock, the knives knocking the darts out of course, the angry guy coming in like he was Christian Bale, using some sort of terrifying power and then switching into a more calm, cool, relaxed man.

Allison looked down at the mans hand and back up at him, she stayed quiet for a minute to process what just happened, she looked at the two who were just laying on the ground, their eyes wide opened... Were they dead? How could Allison trust this man who was following her? How did she know that he wasn't a threat when obviously he just took out two trouble making metahumans, as it seemed, who just 20 seconds ago were about to kill her?

This man could have been more dangerous than both of them, Allison folded her arms and refused to shake this 'Kira Yagami's' hand until she got some good honest answers out of him.

"Well, Kira Yagami, forgive me for being rude for not trusting you enough to shake your hand, for all I know you could be the devil himself. Before we get all friendly and start hugging and junk, I'm going to ask you a few questions" she watched his body language and his expressions so she'd be able to judge on a few things whether he was telling the truth, if he was comfortable, a few basic ideas of what might have been on his mind.
"First off, why were you following me? Secondly, if you are after me for my powers, why and how did you know that I have powers?" she wouldn't even try to hide it, it was quite obvious what with her regaining her visibility to be seen when she was attacked by the big guy and that girl who were working for this guy.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:08 am

Trace's inner being smiled evily, It was time to put his acting skills to test. His outershell pulled the hand back "Well then I guess civility will come later..." he murmured and brushed his hand on his suit jacket before slipping his hands into his pockets and smiling to the young phantom woman and nodded to her "I suppose, Its expected

"Well, Kira Yagami, forgive me for being rude for not trusting you enough to shake your hand, for all I know you could be the devil himself. Before we get all friendly and start hugging and junk, I'm going to ask you a few questions"

"Most understandable...obviously." said the stammering persona "Well you see I come form Past Corp, and we at Past Corp find an interest in young meta-humans like yourselves as you can see from our two clients in the corner there. We are here to do the one thing the government doesn't...Govern. We have quite an interest in forming recon teams, utilising Phantom-Based meta-humans such as yourself. We know a lot more than mere powers I may add Allison." The young CEO said with a grin, keeping to his shy character. He clasped his hands "You could say this was sort of ...a job interview for one of the highest paying companies on the globe."
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 am

Metahuman? "I'm a... Metahuman?" This could raise a lot of questions and even drive her to not trusting the man even more. "Fair enough, I suppose you're going to try and 'recruit' me then" she wasn't too surprised that he knew her name, thought it did feel a bit weird.

"First you need to explain to me what your intentions for me are and what your companies intentions in general are, then you need to give me a good reason for me to join without the ultimatum of that same old sorry 'join us or prepare to say goodbye to life as you know it' because I'm just not that kind of girl and like everyone else, I'll choose the opposite to what you want if given ultimatum. Sure it would be a shame to lose my life but I don't fall to pressure and I certainly don't respond well to threats" she explained.

She leaned on the rocky wall and looked at the guy, "So lets hear it" she smiled, hoping that he would give her really good answers, Allison liked seeing the power of persuasion in others, she was also hoping that he'd throw in a good offer or two, not that she thought her measly powers were worth much.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 am

"Where have you been living a James Bond film? My no. The buissness world isn't all grime and crime Allison. You see...Here we bring the brutality of battle to our words over gun shots and those of us who don't learn from this end up like our good friends behind us." Trace said folding his hands and placing his index fingers against his lips as he thought for a moment.

"As for our ultimatum, like most Law firms, we like to display what we do to the general public. No dark secrets, unless you count Gary from legals habbit of stealing office supplies and selling them back to the company" Trace began to pace back and forth slowly, looking at the sky as he spoke " My My no, You see, we at the company want to ensure that all homosupperiors have a working place in society so to avoid...well, a life of thievery. A steady pay, a steady job and your very own apartment within our district, in Sentry no less." Trace turned and finally faced the woman with a smile "I suppose we now come to why we need you..."

Trace folded his hands yet again, he felt it would help him develop the character to give him slight quirks "You see, You are what we at The Company call a Phantom, a metahuman with the abillity to utilise flesh and bone to become etheral or intangible by whatever means, and as all companies do, we have rivals...enemies.." he remarked with a grimace, which soon turned to a smile "And those who do not co-operate, You'll be utilised by keeping those who have...outbursts like Terra here in line, and making sure our operatives remain...loyal."

Trace smiled to the young woman "For a fine pay might I remind you"
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:54 am

Allison relaxed a little bit after Kira explained exactly what he was doing there, she looked at him and stepped forward, "I don't trust the law, I do whatever I fell like and I have this gut feeling that it's better not to go with you. See, I'm on a journey to find out what I'm to do in this life, my purpose if you will and you could very well call me a pirate. I supposed I could work for you... Part time, I'm not thrilled about doing something like what you did to these people" she looked at the man and the girl who were still on the ground.

"I don't think it's in my hands whether someone lives or dies and as for torture, I'm not too thrilled about inflicting pain on other people" Allison looked down for a second, she was still a little bit unsure of why they needed her, "What makes you think I could use my powers to hurt someone in the first place? Invisibility is a good way to throw a first hit and it could be an advantage in a fight but that's the problem, I don't fight, I can't because well... I don't know how"

Allison was extra cautious not only of an attack but her own words. What would happen if she refused? What if she WANTED to be a thief? She couldn't deny that messing with the con man and then giving the con-mans money to a guy on the bench felt pretty good to her... Kinda like a Robbin Hood sort of mission and it made her feel good. She then waited for Kira's reply and hoped that it wouldn't end in in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 am

"Very well." Trace said with a smile upon his face and turned from the young woman, He clicked his fingers and the deadly duo awoke from their slumber, shaken and somewhat frightened. "The cleaning crew should be here in a few minutes..." Trace murmured "and don't worry about looking for us. We'll contact you." Terra proceeded to bend the earth to make a staircase out of the Collesium, then as the three reached the roof atop he slammed his foot down, dissipatting it, leaving many civillians confused.

Trace turned but stopped half way "Right, Before I leave. Heres my card. If you ever want to play with the big boys and girls, contact us." Trace said throwing a buissness card at Allison with Past Corp HQ location. Terra proceeded to grip a block of earth and bend it to hover as Echo used her sonic waves to allow it to float left and right. As the slab rose into the heavens Trace smiled to himself.

"The Bishops are in play, Time for the Rook."
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 am

Allison looked at the card at her feet and picked it up, she looked at it as the three of them drifted off in to the sky... Weird. She looked up and quickly went through all the pros and cons in her mind.

"Pro: You'll have something to do and somewhere to be
Con: You'll owe this stranger
Pro: Maybe he could give you the training you've always wanted from dad but never got.
Con: ... Working for the law? Hurting people just cause you were ordered to do so? I would lose my freedom and I'd have to live with the fear of getting hurt if I 'disobeyed'
Pro..."

She couldn't think of any more pros and cons, maybe she could deal with this guy, he did seem like the type of guy who likes to bargain.

Allison stepped forward and opened her mouth to call them back and deal with Kira but she stopped and looked the card over. She had no intention of joining for the work and would only join if she got what she wanted, Allison still decided that she was more suited for infiltration and it was just as suited for her, plus she's rather do that than to "keep others in line" maybe in the future she might join but right now, she was going to enjoy doing things for herself.

Alli slipped the card into her pocket and found her way out of the walls of dirt that surrounded her and continued to make her way out of the city.
Back to top Go down
Lady Justice
Admin
Lady Justice

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 pm

*End roleplay*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Buissnessman and a Thief.   A Buissnessman and a Thief. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Buissnessman and a Thief.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World On Fire :: America :: Raiton :: Metrix :: Downtown-
Jump to: