World On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a World On Fire.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Night's Almost Beginning

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Desoto

Desoto

The Night's Almost Beginning Empty
PostSubject: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:47 pm

The Twilight hour. She liked to call it that. The time where light and dark melted together and shadows could hardly be seen. Not the best time of day for a teenager like her to wander about and it wasn’t her favorite time, midnight was, but there wasn’t a lot of people running around. Just couples or the lonely jogger passing by.

Her middle finger tapped the hilt of her dagger as the heels of her feet bounced on the retaining wall she was sitting on. Going to be night soon. Then she could patrol and see if there were more idiots to drop off at the police station. Maybe beaten within an inch of their lives but that part didn’t matter.

Desoto would just sit and wait until the sun was disappear and the moon would rule until morning. Until then, she chucked a small rock at a garbage can to hear and see it ricochet off the metal and skid across the ground. That enough was the faint display of boredom. She was never the very patient type, anyway.

“Watching..” Her right dagger slid out of its sheath with little noise as she held it p to her face to see the reflection of her eye. She blinked and looked past the metal towards the sun. “And waiting.”
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Trace placed his hands in his pockets as he walked through the American park, it was much different than Japan but at the same time completely parrallel. It was somewhat eerie in that sense. Henteko... meppou henteko the mirror shinobi thought to himself while he brushed slight dirt from his suit jacket, a fine pin-stripped suit with a red silk interior made solely for he. Being the grandchild of a super powered mobster had its benefits.

Trace smirked to himself as he watched the faces of those around him, there was such colour in the citizens of Raiton, so many stood out and yet belonged, this country was one big contradiction in a sense. He lowered his head and placed his hands slowly into his pockets and let out a soft sigh.

There wasn't a large crowd out tonight in this golden hour, merely civillians who the 'average joe' would overlook, but Trace was an Alien here and examining each one was somewhat of a delight. The shapes of their noses and bodies, the awkward smiles they gave he as they jogged passed. It made him feel like he was in a living cartoon.

His eye continued to return to a young girl who seemed alone, waiting for someone perhaps, a date at this hour? The young heir supposed everywhere had their own quirks and customs. The dark youth made his way along the paths and kept an eye on her at times being subtle about the whole action but none the less checking her out.

She was quiet 'adorable' in a sense, shifty, but adorable to look at. It brought a smile to his face, a soft smile, but a smile none the less.
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 am

The dagger was returned to its sheath with a ‘snick’ and the snap soon followed as it was buckled in securely. Good thing this park had trees, or she wouldn’t even bother to wait out the rest of the day. The squirrel in the tree behind her had been dropping acorns on her head for a while now, and she was thinking about bringing it home as a snack.

She was considering leaving as she propped her elbows on her knees to rest her chin on her hands. Her eyes had been fixated on the path that many ran on until she heard the scuffle of shoes. Her ears shot up as a kid ran past, waving at her with a bright smile of her own. A little startled, she waved back, feeling a lot less violent and more welcoming. Amazing what a child could do to someone’s persona. She grew worried though. A girl as young as her shouldn’t be running around by herself.

“Oi..” Desoto started, about to ask where her parents were or if she was lost to stop at her giggle. “Hmn..” The parents jogged by after their kid, ignoring her; not that she really minded. Relieved, she leaned back and hopped off of her seat to stretch. Kids were open to people like her. It was the adults that were the morons.

A ripple of pops entered the quiet air as she stretched out her spine. Her eyes blinked and caught the same sight of a young man that had been wandering around for a bit. He certainly wasn’t around from these parts, but she wasn’t about to go up to him and ask where he was from. As long as he didn’t do anything wrong by her, she’d leave him alone. But for the time being…

‘Clunk'...

“YOU LITTLE RAT! Stop throwing nuts at me!” She barked, as she jabbed a finger up at the innocent squirrel, nibbling on an acorn and waggled it's tail at her. Her brows furrowed as she turned to see one or two people staring. “What?” She snapped. They looked away quickly and shuffled off, leaving her alone again.

The wolf girl turned, muttering under her breath. "Twits.."
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:31 pm

(Loving that Display picture Very Happy)

Trace began to snicker at the young little wolf rambling and running about, It really was like a cartoon this city. He decided to take a seat upon a bench of the park to examine the small lasses attempts to cause a squirrel to stop harrasing her, She was an interesting sight really.
Obviously a meta-human by her looks, Anthropic biology was another given, she most likely prone to heightened sense or reflex like most anthropic beings.

Trace decided he'd had enough of curiousity and rose from his bench, walking slowly over to Desoto and stopping to glance at the squirrel above head, He nodded to it with a grin and folded his arms "I think he's sorry...that or he's a brilliant strategist." He muttered in a monotone voice examining the small creature on the tree running up and down the branches.

Not taking his eyes off of the furry critter he extended his hand "Trace" he said to the air. "Thats my name by the way, Trace" his eyes slowly dropped from the heavens and examined the small girl "I apologise for the approach but its not everyday you see an Anthropic girl running amock at night. Its dangerous for youth." he rambled keeping his position open, as if to tell her subconciously that he meant well.
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:35 pm

(Thankyyy!!! =3)

The sound of footsteps alerted her to someone approaching and she turned with a growl, thinking someone was going to tell her to stop harassing the mammal. Imagine her surprise when she didn’t feel a hostile aura approach. It was rather very calm, something that people that lived here rarely possessed with all the action going on in the day. Desoto took a step back, noticing he was tall. Inwardly grumbling about how short she was, she noticed him take note of the squirrel and finally speak.

"I think he's sorry...that or he's a brilliant strategist."

“You’re giving it way too much credit.” She scoffed, lowering her fist and folding her arms across her chest. That movement was like putting up a barrier in front of her and her head titled to the side a little. The very same guy she noticed that had been observing her was talking to her. Bold. Chalk one up for him having the guts to talk to her.

Desoto took the time to take a look at his clothes. The way one dressed could tell a lot about a person. Fancy suit, clean, and tidy. “Hmmm..” Her eyes narrowed as she slouched slightly and looked up at his face. Thankfully, he was still staring at the squirrel.

As the last rays of sun disappeared and the lamps that spotted over the park began to light up, their lights blinking as if they were the tired eyes that watched over the park, Desoto’s pupils widened to let in more light to see clearly.

Getting ready to run off on her patrol and daily stress relief (beating the crap out of bad guys), she was once again startled by him offering her hand to shake. Automatically and out of politeness to not be rude to the only person that didn’t yell at her for not controlling her temper, she grasped it firmly and shook it.

“Trace. Thats my name by the way, Trace"

The Wolf girl paused, contemplating whether or not to give him her name. “Desoto.” And she let go of his hand to crack her knuckles. Not to intimidate, but out of habit.

“I apologise for the approach but its not everyday you see an Anthropic girl running amock at night. Its dangerous for youth."

At this an ear twitched as she inhaled loudly. “Fer them? Er me?” Her head titled a bit to the side, regarding Trace with little amusement. He referred to her as someone dangerous; not that she didn’t mind but still. “What about you? Someone as fancy as yerself might be wanderin around here with a bodyguard..” To emphasize her point, she made an exaggerated motion to look around, her tail seeming to fluff out the fur to make itself look bigger. “Or like, secret agents. Ta make sure you don’t get done in by a gang er somethin.” She finished as she tapped the right hilt of her dagger absently.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm

“You’re giving it way too much credit.”

Trace couldn't help but smile at her hatred of the squirrel "They are much smarter than given credit for, believe me...Though would it be to pretentious of me to get into philosophy? I don't want to come across as some sage of nature..." Trace said, his voice seemed far away, as if he wasn't really there in the world, as if it was an echo of his true persona, a remnant in this world. This girl was obviously alone in the world, that or was hardened by the streets, he could tell instantly by the way she presented herself. Even the most veteran tomboys continued to remain somewhat delicate and girly, though she seemed to embrace her animal instincts more than other anthromorphs.

He smirked as she shook his hand and introduced herself, It was obvious he was intimidating her, that or her social skills consisted of being tough and violent and not much else. "Desoto. Beautiful name. Original too..." He laughed to himself, He didn't really know why he was chuckling, perhaps it was because she made him feel like he was back home in a sense. Most of the children back there were like her, bratty and yet animal like.

"fer them? er me?"

He proceeded to place his hands within his pockets "Well I don't rightly know about you personally, but for a random youth a mugger would be more than enough trouble. Though with those blades you weild I can see you must be a veteran, am I mistaken?" The girl proceeded to make fun of Deoradhain, something that was rarely done by the people around he. He folded his arms and tilted his head back at the young lass "How do you know I'm not the secret agent?" he snarked back to her.
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:38 pm

” They are much smarter than given credit for, believe me...Though would it be to pretentious of me to get into philosophy? I don't want to come across as some sage of nature..."

“They’re rats. Down in the food chain. Nothing more than an annoying snack. Gives ya indigestion too.” Desoto growled recalling momentarily that one time where she accidently swallowed one whole. She noted how many big words he used. Big words annoyed her. Not a problem if they were used to make better sense of explain things easier, but she got a feeling he was doing that on purpose.

"Desoto. Beautiful name. Original too..."

There were a few things she was used to. The areas she was most uncomfortable with and just had to wing it was socializing with new people. It was natural to assume that she hesitated after that. What was that called? Flattery? Yeah, that word. Was he flattering her? Not responding verbally, she just grinned, a smile that exposed her teeth and the enhanced canines. They made her look a little like a vampire but with her animal features, people tended to try to not guess.

“Same for yer name. Short and neat.” She offered as he chuckled to himself.

"Well I don't rightly know about you personally, but for a random youth a mugger would be more than enough trouble. Though with those blades you weild I can see you must be a veteran, am I mistaken?"

Desoto blinked and looked down at her daggers. She was giving him way too much information about herself. “Hmmmm...Well. They’re shiny.” Her ears twitched upwards and her eyes followed to see the squirrel running along the branch and up higher into the tree. So much for trying to thunk it once on the head with a rock. When her eyes returned to Trace, she noticed he was in a more uptight, defensive position. Arms in front of chest, looking down at her. She figured that she prodded a knife into a soft spot.

"How do you know I'm not the secret agent?"

It might have been his tone that made her want to tease him. “Dunno. Maybe you are, maybe ya aren’t.” Desoto sighed heavily as if she was humoring a child while she shrugged. “But if you were, why’re ya talking to me?” She jabbed the air suddenly with a closed fist, her tail swinging from side to side as her eyes remained focused on him. She was suspicious. Her ears twitched and moved to any tiny sound that might speak of trouble. Exchanging banter with a thug was easier than this.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:58 pm

“They’re rats. Down in the food chain. Nothing more than an annoying snack. Gives ya indigestion too."

Trace smiled to himself, He had most of the information he needed on this little lass and she was giving to him on a silver plater. It was like reading a book on her life really. "I suppose my philosophy never realised the edible side of the soul." he grinned, jesting at the small wolf-girl. She had definetly embraced her canine side to the point of raw primal attitude. It was interesting, Obviously she was to young to be placed into The Company, but she would definetly be kept an eye on by the mirror shinobi himself.

"“Same for yer name. Short and neat.”

"Thank You. Its just how I like it" he smiled, It was true everything about Trace was Short and neat, his suit, his personality, even his fighting style. Trace was the poster boy for civility through and through, perhaps why he remained with someone who enjoyed eating rodents. He was getting a grasp on who and what Desoto was, information that could be used later and was playing the IRS card, getting as much information while giving out so little.

“Hmmmm...Well. They’re shiny.”

Deoradhain folded his arms, he knew somewhat how to make her talk now, she was obviously a tom boy, easily confused and arrogant. Living off primal urges and overall keeping an amazonian like finess in battle. "So, They're mere trinkets? My mistake I thought you were some sort of warrior...Though I guess, now that I look at you, I realise how ridiculous that truly is" he said smirking, He already examined her movements and he knew she was a fighter. It was obvious to see really, a warrior has a certain aura about them, and if he really wanted to check all he need do is blink the cursed eyes on for a moment, but until then he would allow her to give him information willingly.

“Dunno. Maybe you are, maybe ya aren’t. But if you were, why’re ya talking to me?”

Trace smiled, now she was trying to be closed off and mysterious, how troublesome. He reopened his position, placing his hands in his pockets and looked to the young girl for a moment before opening his mouth "Well. I think we both know why I would be after you Desoto" he smirked, It was a shot in the dark but perhaps she did have a past with The Company, she seemed cautious around him and so it was obvious she wasn't used to humans, or atleast those in power. This could mean she had a horrible experience although it could mean that she hated power. Either way this would anwser a question he needed anwsered; Would she be worth watching?
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 am

"I suppose my philosophy never realised the edible side of the soul."

“Hmph, didn’t think so. Want a fresh salad, er what?” She shrugged and frowned slightly. “You dudes don’t exactly pay attention to the tiny details.” Desoto looked at her foot and lifted it from the ground. The small traces of a shoe print remained. Very faint but it was there. Noticing small detail was something a tracker had to do to, well.. Track. You couldn’t hunt if you couldn’t track.

He seemed pleased when she complimented his name. It was a repeat of what he had said to her. It was an ‘Oh, I should return the favor’ moment. An automatic response that she was perfectly used to.

"So, They're mere trinkets? My mistake I thought you were some sort of warrior...Though I guess, now that I look at you, I realise how ridiculous that truly is"

Desoto slid one of the daggers out and lightly brushed a finger against the edge. “I use’m as toothpicks,” she joked and she placed her fingers on the flat of the blade, “N cold. Nice to the touch. Nice to have a little protection. Since I’m a girl. Yeah. Uuummmm..” The dagger was returned again and secured as she left him to let him think of her as an idiot. He wouldn’t think so if he got on her bad side.

"Well. I think we both know why I would be after you Desoto"

He was opening again, lowering his defense. Then he went and tried to push against the wall she put up in front of herself. Okay. She can play with his game. “Hmmm. Lemmie guess.” She thought, then snapped her fingers. “Oh! You’re one of idiot people who like younger females?” She said aloud to herself in a childish tone. “I’m not of age yet fer dude like you, and bestiality is baaaaad.” At that she snapped her mouth shut, her teeth making clicking together. “Was I hot er cold?” She parroted.

In her eyes, he was one of the people who took part in making rules. Maybe she was making him mad, good for her. He insulted her skills with her daggers, but she wasn’t about to say that she was great with her weapons. Desoto would have to admit that she wanted to shake him like a rag doll and figure out who he was exactly. Well, time to consult her hacker friend and figure out his identity.

Her ears shifted back and her eyes slide to the right and left, her pupils widening considerably. He was lying about him being the only one she concluded. They always traveled in packs like hyenas.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

The young buissnessman folded his arms "Salad or Tea, Thats all there is for me..." he rhymed slightly, being a vegetarian was a little irritating at times due to the lack of Iron that made you so tired, but that was the only downside really.

She mentioned the little things, It was ironic really as Trace's main power was to do with copying down to the last movement, but he couldn't just randomly yell out how amazing he was "Guess not." he replied folding his arms

Trace stuck his hands in his pockets and rolled his eyes enough was enough, its not like he was trying to be rude to her in anyway "Jeez, I'm just trying to be friendly, miss no social skills" he replied to her overall statements with a smirk "Guess I'm going to go, apparently humour and optimism don't work well down here. Not to big a fan on cynism"

He turned slowly away from her and began walking, sliding out a card from his pocket and throwing it to her "If you ever learn to play nice with other people, call me, we'll have lunch...lunch that isn't rodents." Trace laughed as he travelled down the path away from the Wolf-Girl with a glint in his eye, The Knight was now taken care of all in all, He managed to converse with only really giving her his name and she had opened up like a book, He knew that she wasn't used to people, she was a warrior, her powers hell even her diet.

Upon the card he through read something simple and clean "Past Corperation" with the location of the head quatres in Sentry city, The word trace printed on top of it and a picture of a cat, not because it was supposed to be drawn there, Deoradhain just got bored...and cats are cool
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:30 pm

"If you ever learn to play nice with other people, call me, we'll have lunch...lunch that isn't rodents."

The card cut through the air and was caught easily within her clenched fist. It was crumpled and wrinkled a bit but still in good shape. Her eyes took a few milliseconds to scan over the print then rest on the... cute doodle of a feline. A cat lover? She liked cats, but never really got along with them well. But if he had a cat drawn on the card, her sour attitude wasn’t the last impression she wanted to leave with him. People who liked animals were in her neutral book. Her persona shifted at once, more welcoming but still on guard.

“Oi, oi!” Desoto called and with a few easy strides, she was walking backwards in front of him. “The Night’s still young. And-” she pumped her fist up and down, then a lie, “Eating rodents was a figure of speech. Thought you'd know that.” People taste better. Still dripping. Best when warm. Sang the little voice in her head. “Besides,” She added with a slight scoff, “Perhaps I could use a bit of socializing. Someone-” Her eyes suddenly darted to the right of her as her ears shot up. She twisted around, catching a soccer ball with both hands before it got the chance to collide with her face.

“OI, YOU SHIT HEADS!” She screamed as a few college kids snorted and fell over on the grass laughing. Idiots playing soccer out in the dark. “Rrrrrh… Hmn.” Her furious expression changed to a wide angled smirk. “3,” she held out the ball, “2,” she fixed her eyes on the ball’s next target and got ready to kick it, “1.” The ball dropped and her foot collided with it. The ball flew straight towards one of the obnoxious young adults. It ricocheted off his face, the scent of blood suddenly spurted into the air, and rolled to an innocent spot a few yards away.

“Jeffry, you okay?!”

“SCORE!” Her fist punched the air again and her eyes trailed back to Trace, “Yo.” Her tail swished to the right, curling and dropping as she turned and waved at him as if he was an old friend, “There’s a party going on at the far end of the park.” Her eyes shown slightly as they glance in the direction she was pointing at. Something by the basketball courts had been set up; a white tent and colorful bulbs of light were starting to dance as music blared. “I was goin there myself, but I’m thinking if ya wanna come and not get eaten by the darkness out there, you can socialize with the dudes out here.” A pause. “Me thinks you’ll be needin a few street friends if yer stayin here for a time,” she hopped from foot to foot. Don’t comment on my friendliness…

It didn’t matter if he came or not, but if he did, maybe the wolf girl could learn a few more things about him. And maybe.. Add a new friend to her short list.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Trace continued along the path with his hands in his pockets, He had enough information on the three subjects he needed, of course there was always new additions to the meta-human world, but these three were the most notable for now. As the young wolf-girl screamed out Trace slowly turned and smiled "Can't get enough of me already huh-uh?" He said, he was easing into his true persona now, slightly, something the company forbid him to do. The only time he really acted like this was when he was alone watching T.V or alone playing video games or alone...look it was a lot of alone.

Trace folded his arms as to say 'I get you' when she quickly covered her actions by trying to make it seem like all she wanted to do was correct him "Allright, Guess I'm not familliar with Wolf-Women" Trace smiled, watching as she kicked a soccerball into the face of a foolish teen, Warrior spirit through and through, he tapped his chin as she turned back "Your just full of suprises..." Trace looked over to the tent all set up and scratched his chin "I'm supposed to be heading to work" He muttered, but shortly proceeded to shrug "but I can always take a break."

She proceeded to inform him of the importance of street friends, she was right in a sense, The Company needed eyes and ears on the street, and what better eyes and ears than a small wild-child. He smiled "You have a point...Looks like someone is friendly after all" He placed his hands on his back and proceeded to follow her towards the location, She was more than worth the look he assumed.
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Desoto cocked a brow at his smug statement when she called out. “Don’t act so full of yerself, dude.” An actual smile twitched the corners of her lips slightly. It was faint but there. One of her friends acted like that. ‘Cept Trace wasn’t a pervert like her buddy was. And ‘Wolf-Women’? She’d rather be called teen than a woman but it wouldn’t make much sense to

"Allright, Guess I'm not familliar with Wolf-Women. Your just full of suprises..."

“HAH!” Full of surprises, like her weird, two-face personality? Hmm. She decided she liked. First meeting with Trace was sour until he had handed her a card with a doodle of a cat on it. Her friends would never let her hear of end of this if they found out she dragged a high up guy to a dance party because of a doodle that looked cute. Her lips parted to reveal her teeth in a grin.

"I'm supposed to be heading to work.. but I can always take a break."

Now, his answer made her hop up and down. “Awesome!” She ran around him once and went to try to make him quicken his pace. At the rate they were going, she was tempted to push him from behind. “Hurry up your tushy, or they’ll have opened up the bottles of hard cider by the time we get there!”

Closer to their location now, the music was louder than before, Desoto could see shadows moving and jumping to the beat inside the tent. Someone ran out of the tent though and barfed up the remains of his dinner. The Little Ookami smirked and twirled around to the beat, ignoring what her acquaintance said firstly and waggled her finger at him. “Dude, I am friendly.” She quipped to confirm as she bounced in front of the entrance to the tent. “Me thinks you’ll fit right on in with the crowd’n here,” her eyes glanced over to him before she bounded, moving to the beat slightly singing to herself.

Desoto is somewhat of a party girl, and would dance a bit at parties such as these, but she would keep in mind she brought someone here that didn’t know anyone other than her. “So,” she blinked and ducked out of the way as someone swung by with a tray with glasses on it, “Whatcha think? Just don’t drink anything that’s been opened unless it has a vacuum seal metal cap. Don’t want ta be drugged.” She added as someone pushed a cup full of alcohol into her hands and his. She immediately dumped hers just by tipping her wrist over and crushed the cup underfoot.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 pm

(Sorry I can't think straight so this'll be fairly short, Playing Elite Beat Agents)
"Can't help it, the Suit causes an ego" said the young CEO with a smirk on his face and began to walk with the young woman.

Trace was lead to the party with a slight smile on his face, a smile that was mostly forbidden due to company standard, he folded his arms and looked at the other patrons, drunkards with tainted souls all about him, women who were more likely to infect you than please you. Thats what he saw anyway.

The young wolf-girl made her way to the dance floor, and Trace soon followed, dancing was one of his skills due to the absorbtion of his first love, a dancer, the only problem was well, She was a female and the dance steps a lady does are very different from a males. As Trace swung his hips he seemingly attracted the attention of a few men in the audience but that was seemingly all. It didn't upset him, he didn't care for "being laid" or any of the earthly treats.

The wild-child reminded him of someone, he couldn't place his finger on it but something told him that perhaps in a previous life or on a different plane, he knew her. Then again having an uncle who spoke to transdimensional demi-gods sort of causes one to think of such things. He decided to brush the idea of 'another Trace and Desoto' from his mind and continued to dance, keeping near her somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 pm

(That a good game?)

“Wonder whatcha look like in laid back attire.” Desoto commented to herself as she flipped out her cell phone and dialed her vigilante buddy. “I’m stayin out late. Yup. Wait; I can’t promise I won’t bash someone’s head in. No. No.. Fine. Quart of milk.. and a dozen eggs. Whatever, dude. Just be getting home late tis all.” Her ears twitched as she flipped it shut and tucked it back into her jacket pocket. Making sure that Trace was alright, she then went to her next mission: find her drink.

Moving over towards the ice boxes she flipped the lid and pulled out two fresh cider bottles. “Hmn.. yesssss. My alcohol.” She chuckled to herself before popping one open and taking a full swing. She nearly choked when her eyes went back to Trace again to see him dancing like a woman. Cough, hack, cough, cough, breathe! Time to save him before he embarrassed himself.

Swinging her hips a little to the side, she shoved her way up to the DJ. “OI! Play something with a good, strong beat, dude!” The DJ nodded with a sly smirk and the music changed, prompting a chorus of ‘boos’ and ‘come ons’ towards the DJ while the wolf girl as she jumped down from the makeshift stage. Those were drowned out as music was turned on again, perfect music for the electric slide.

“Yo, dude.” Sidling up to Trace she motioned him off to the side as the partially drunk, still sober teens and young adults lined up and started to dance. “Where’d ya get those moves?” She emphasized ‘moves’ by mimicking what she saw him doing earlier. “You’re a dude! More manly, eh?” A light punch was thrown at his arm. “The dudes are gonna think you enjoy the other side of the fence if you keep dancing like that. Do your own style!” Her boot made a loud clomp. “I stomp and swing around a lot; a go with the flow style.” If people actually watched her dance, they would notice the moves were fighting styles pieced together to fit the beat and flow easily. “Think of it as if you were fightin with the music, yeah?” She blinked and swished the remains of her drink around in the bottle and held out the unopened one to him.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:00 pm

(Yeah! You play as dancing men in suits, get to rock out to Asian Kung Fu Generation, Flow, Orange Range, Avril, Village People, Queen all that, Get it if you have DS ha. Or go to www.coolrom.com and go Emulators, get a ds emulator, then go "roms" and download it from the E section, drag the NDS file into the emulator and bam)

Trace continued to dance in a euphoric state when Desoto appeared prompting him to dance differently, He laughed when she told him to invent his own style, he was practically a stirring pot of other people, All pre-programmed by the company to fit their standards. Trace has a better Idea and activating his red eyed abillity He began to take in the dance moves around him, stringing them together from people around him. He began to be more free with his styling and preffered the pop-lock-jive style that most of the males were attempting to preform.

Combining this with what he had seen on MTV, Trace began to mirror the dance steps, He began to swing and stomp somewhat like Desoto occasionally but retained his mirror-like abillity, soon he began to dance next to her as she passed him a drink "Hm?" he looked at the bottle, Hard Cidar a very weak spirit "Ughhh..." he muttered and grasped it "Sure why not...little weak for my taste, but its allright..." He pondered for a moment "Wait, Let me get us something" He said before walking from the dance floor and to the cooler, pulling out a green bottle, he popped the cork to smell it. Yup, That was it, the Green fairy, and returned to the dance floor with the wolf girl "This is much better, I suggest you try some" he said with a smile
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:49 pm

(Cooooool!)

“Hurrr…” Grinning widely, Desoto watched as Trace caught on easily to dancing. A little bit of her was jealous that he could dance so well, but that was pushed down as the song changed and people started to partner dance.

“righto..” Her tail wrapped around her as she spun around and swished her tail again. She was certainly enjoying herself. As she moved about, she was now just side stepping from left to right to keep with the beat and chugged the last of her cider and smacked her lips. It was her favorite kind of drink. It was safe to say, that she had drank the really strong stuff before(she was forced in a challenge, mind you), but it ended up with her insanely intoxicated. She even went and transformed without meaning to and walked into walls and the like. A werewolf delirious on the floor who couldn’t even walk straight was hilarious, her friends said. They just didn’t like the getting covered in vomit when her stomach refused the liquor. Plus, the fact that her emotions tended to spike randomly, made it rather unsafe if it was her ‘black’ side that was amplified; if ‘white’ then it’s just very uncomfortable.

"This is much better, I suggest you try some"

“Hm?” Pulled out of her thoughts and her absent swaying from side to side, she looked up at Trace then to the bottle in his hand. She sniffed and recoiled within herself. None of her friends were about, she only recognized these people’s faces through the parties and small chats, and the only one who she believe she could trust would be Trace. But trust was a fragile thing. And judging by the smell, it would take one bottle to get her addicted to the taste and three more to have her walking into walls and, heaven forbid, shape changing.

“Can I trust ya, to keep me from doing anything?” By anything included a variety of things. But mostly it meant keep her safe. She’d do the same thing for him, but she wasn’t sure if he’d return the favor. But she turned and made her way over to the drinks again and dug for another identical looking bottle, popped off the top and sniffed to make sure it was the right one and slipped past the tight throng that gathered around the DJ to stand beside Trace. “Times fer quick learning..” She mumbled before sipping it cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:00 pm

(Short, but yeah trying to beat level on Elite Beats lol)
"I'm a Gentleman, Its in my nature" Trace said with a smile to her, As the slow dance came on he looked around for a moment and tapped his foot looking at the wolf-girl "I suppose this would be the best time to ask if you wished to dance? " he said with a smirk, He hadn't danced in sometime really, the last time was with his beloved Arwen back in the slums of Japan.

Trace extended his hand to offer, though to some it would seem like a token dance, to Trace it meant he accepting his humanity in a sense, for tonight atleast. In the morning he would most likely be back to his old Buissnessy-self and pushing the papers to hunt a new mutant. Desoto seemingly awoke something in him, it was obvious that if souls travel in packs she must have known him in a past life.
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm

By the time the slow dance had come on over the speakers, Desoto blinked a few times and smacked her lips. “Yer right. Stuffs tastey.. Hmmm..” She hummed, apparently enjoying the vibrations it cause in her resonating cavities.

"I suppose this would be the best time to ask if you wished to dance? "

“Hm?” Her head cocked a bit to the side and she felt something of a déjà vu moment. It’s the stuff’m drinking. She thought to herself. “Hmmm, I don’t do to well with partnered dancin.” She held up her hands in defeat and lifted a foot and brought it down with a thud. “I step on people..” It was necessary to share this kind of information with Trace because of his shoes... Even though she was mumbling under her breath so that he couldn’t even hear her speaking. Expensive clothing would mean expensive shoes, and she didn’t think he’d take to her army boots stepping on his toes. But her parents had told her that when a buy asked her to a dance, it took courage. She had turned down a few boys when they offered their hand to dance and after that lesson, she felt bad whenever she turned someone down because she didn’t want to step on their feet. But before she could chicken out, she grabbed his hand and let out a chuckle to release tention.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Trace grasped her lightly, Arwen's memories flooding his, she was an accomplished ballroom dancer and had often spent time teaching Trace to dance. She was one of the few friends he had ever had, one of the few who knew how truly powerful he was.

Trace held the wolf girl at a length at first, about three inches before moving close as the music continued, they were both drunk, that much was for sure, and Its not like she was a complete child, nor was he an old man, they were both young adults dancing while intoxicated thats not that bad.

Trace laughed as he remembered her informing he of her dreaded boot-stomping action, He could get a new pair in a flash if anything happened, It was good to be the king really, things always seemingly worked out. "Can I ask you something?" Trace said while dancing with the young lass "Your a Wolf, right? Is that it, like, do you have any...I dunno fire conjuring abillities?" Trace asked, It wasn't because he was a moron more that his relegion depicted a large ninetailed fox with flames surrounding it that would bring forth the apocalypse, so why not a wolf? Maybe it was her, It wouldn't hurt to ask
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Her ears twitched as she focused on his face as they danced. It wasn’t a complicated dance, say, a waltz, so she didn’t have to worry too much about stepping on his feet. Her dance partners when she was little would complain of her literally stomping on their feet. She wasn’t as light as most girls so her footsteps were heavy. Sometimes she’d pretend she was a dinosaur. Memories.

"Your a Wolf, right? Is that it, like, do you have any...I dunno fire conjuring abillities?"

As he laughed she shook her head, feeling her cellphone buzz in her pocket. Must be her vigilante friend again. “Heheh.. Wolfiieee.” She sang, ignoring her phone for the time being. “Fire’s hot.. Not nice. Cold’s better. A lot better. Can move around faster than its hot.” Her speech was becoming impaired, the little voice in her head noted. “Whhhy?”
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 pm

"Its just this thing, y'know, like a legend or story in my family" He said with a laugh "The Tailed ones y'know" he grinned and pressed closer to her as they danced, he was a good drunk now, the green fairy level 1 so to speak, the time when all is bliss and euphoria and even the darkness cannot touch the most emo of the bunch.

Trace smiled to the wolf-girl and began to laugh "Wanna see a trick?" he said with a smile to her, and began to spin his eyes to their red sheen, He wouldn't try to absorb her or harm her, but suddenly began to form the illusion utilising them of bubble surrounding the two, within each bubble stood the image of the two dancing, some around them were confused by this event but brushed it off as a "bubble machine".

"Neat huh?"
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Desoto was entering that stage now. The stage were everything felt good and she was all warm and fuzzy inside. Not to mention a tad bit sleepy as the alcohol took effect on her system. Again her cell hone rang and she again ignored it. Hang out a bit more then if they were too intoxicated by the time they were done, she could always flip open the phone and talk random gibberish. Her friends would figure it out.

"Neat huh?"

“Mhmmm..” She hummed again as she blinked lazily at the bubbles, not exactly noticing that his eyes were red for the moment. She shook her head, her tail drooping steadily but seeming to wag from side to side. “Bubbles!” She barked and laughed, since the word sounded remarkably funny to her as her eyes rested on the bubbles again and noticed it was making her slightly dizzy. But it felt nice.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Angelus

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Trace smiled to her as she enjoyed his illusions, he began to make small flames dance around the bubbles, fire works in a way causing the crowd to applaud thinking this DJ was amazing. He enjoyed entertaining her in a way, It made him feel somewhat proud in a way, an emotion he rarely felt by himself. Trace placed his hand around Desotos waist finally and smirked "I can do some pretty amazing stuff" He said with a smile.

He placed the bottle of absinthe down, Even four shots could waste a normal human being, so the half bottle they drank would cause an imediate black out. The only real risk was whether he could control his power or not as his abillities seemingly chose to combust whenever he lost control of his own body.

Trace closed his eyes and felt her body, it was different from the normal women he had been with, she was comfortable while the others. Well the others he felt were to vile in his regard, beneath him.
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:37 pm

The déjà vu feeling crept back over her again. Although her mind seemed to be muffled and clouded with a light buzz of content feelings, it managed to slip past and pierce her brain. But she was good at putting things off, and this feeling was no different. Desoto simply discarded it from her mind and into the trash as she admired the flames dancing about.

"I can do some pretty amazing stuff"

The wolf girl at the moment didn’t exactly understand the full meaning of his statement. “Huh?” A blank stare greeted him, well, he didn’t really see it since he had chosen that time to close his eyes. Her ears faced forwards as she started to giggle to herself, baring her teeth in her grin. She made up her mind that Trace wasn't such a bad guy. He was kinda funny and entertaining. Bubbles and tongues of fire floating around in the tent was pretty cool. The DJ was going to get a lot more requests for dance parties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Night's Almost Beginning   The Night's Almost Beginning Empty

Back to top Go down

The Night's Almost Beginning
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World On Fire :: America :: Raiton :: Astryn :: Harvey Park-
Jump to: