World On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a World On Fire.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackel

Jackel

Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:13 pm

*Karim Raised an Eyebrow at her comments about the tea. messed with? Sabatoged? She had played another of her jokes on him. Go figure, he really should have expected it after her reaction from the "Miss" comment. When she came back with the cup this time He took it cautiosly. His fingers brushed hers and again he was thankful for his darker skin to keep her from seeing him blush. But she had Called him Rabbit again, and she knew the concequence for this and continued to call him that, so it was gain time to return fire.*

"Thank you Miss Desoto, but what is Ramen exactly? I don't belive I've heard of that."

*Karim checked the tea cup before drinking this time and saw nothing wrong with it. He took a few drink but the taste of the first one was still fresh in his mouth so it still tasted a little off. He drank it anyway simple because it was more of a peace gesture then liking the taste.

He kept his voice down a bit to ask her the next question*

"So jason is your brother, or friend or... is he more then that?"

*Karim didn't really want to ask the question but he felt to need to ask for some reason. The last part, asking if he was the Boyfriend, was a bit round-about but he didn't like the word, it felt somewhat Taboo to him. Mostly because he had come from a place where this word was normally replaced with Husband or Husband-to-be.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Karim return the name calling even after the prank. Poor dude. He was some slow learner. But all of her friends had certain nicknames for one another. Jason was Fishcakes – he made this awesome, sweet tasting fish that Soto would almost always crave as much as ramen – and his for her was Mutt or Muttface. He was the only specially privileged to call her that.

“Hey! No ‘Miss’… Rabbit! And it shall be upgraded to Hare.” She stated rather smugly as she shifted over to get out of a sun beam. The couch was more comfortable other than standing so when he took the tea, she sat down on the arm of the couch once again, the same way before. Leaning back into the cushiness of the back rest, her eyes slid over to watch him as she tapped her chin. “Ramen is like Noodles. Really good noodles. I like mine very under cooked though with eggs..” Her stomach growled, causing her to absently place a hand over her stomach. “Hungry just thinking about it..”

A tune played in her head as he asked. But her eyes hardened; he brushed against a carefully guarded topic. Her voice was thoughtful and tinted with amusement, although it was fake. “Hmm.. A close friend..” Then a sudden growl in Karim’s direction, her ears flicking back and the fur on her tail fluffing out as her hands balled into fists, “He’s not my boyfriend..” A touchy subject. Desoto wasn’t interested in courting any males for the time being, seeing that that kind of love was foreign and.. she hated to admit it, feared it. If she would love then she would be hurt. They could be hurt. She rejected that love to protect others as soft and horribly overused that sounds. But she would often justify it by protecting herself so that others wouldn’t press for more.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:20 pm

*Karim got a smug look on his face when she upgraded his name. So he decided to upgrade hers as well just to show he could play that game as well. She learn sooner or later that she keeps starting it after all.*

"Yes ma'am"

*When she answered his question about Jason he put his hands up defensively to show he didn't mean anything by it. He was just asking out of curiosity and the way she acted around Jason was different then the way she was around Karim. Karim seemed like he was more her Sparring buddy but Jason she seemed to relax around. Or perhaps Karim was treating Desoto like a Sparring buddy. He wasn't quite sure. He stared deeply at his empty tea cup on the table deep in thought. His eyes did not blink or shift side to side and he thought, they remained locked on the cup.

He thought about being back home where the women were different then the women here. They were less submissive but still friendly when spoken to. They could carry on conversations with just about anyone about anything. But when it came time to settle down and raise a family they would be dutiful about it unless they were hunters. They never seemed to be able to stay in one place for too long. the Shaman would often say they were restless souls with restless hearts. Karim wasn't sure what it meant before but he was starting to understand. they didn't like being tied to one person and place. they enjoyed their freedom to go anywhere. when they were married simply talking to another male would make the husbands envious and jealous.

Karim Did not speak for some time. He simply sat oblivious to all around him. he hadn't even noticed that he wasn't tired anymore or having trouble breathing. he was more relaxed now. Jackel was finally asleep it seemed, not craving to get out anymore. Not causing thoughts or tugging at Karim's strings trying to get him to drop his guard. Or perhaps this was a new strategy to wait for him to be unsuspecting and then attempt another escape.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:22 pm

She reclined a little bit more in her comfortable seat, enjoying the cushiness of it. Her eyes slid over to glare at Karim, thinking up nothing for a good comeback just as they closed. Why was he so polite anyway? After thinking about it in the silence, save for the sounds she could hear from the kitchen, mainly the bubbles and clink of silverware, Desoto then realized something she had failed to before. Karim was speaking actual good English. No longer choppy or confusing. It then came to her attention that she could give him a compliment. Could being the keyword. Most likely not..

The good thing about Karim though was that he was level headed, for the most part anyway. That ‘Jackel’ character was interesting and a little creepy but exciting. A good person to fight. In a real fight that is. Not for sparring. Karim was good for that. Maybe he could teach a few moves, not that she would ask him; her pride wouldn’t allow her to do so.

Silence… One of her eyes cracked open to stare out into space before both of her eyes opened fully as Jason entered the room, carrying.. Food! At once, she sat up and leaned forwards in the seat, reaching for the metal pan, no doubt where her spicy-hot noodles were in. He didn’t object, just rolled his eyes at her grabbing the pan without warning. On the table, he placed Karim’s noodles in front of him as he plopped down in a nearby chair with his own.

Karim bowl of noodles was accompanied by a spoon and fork, as well as Jason’s while Desoto was devouring her late lunch – after a glance at the window, the sky was noticeably getting a little bit darker – with chopsticks. They were like fingers, easier to grab things with them and Desoto really enjoyed eating with her hands or finger food. She just didn’t fancy the part where they got all greasy or dirty. And the noodles were undercooked enough so that they were barely crunchy and the egg yolk was giving it a good taste along with the hot sauce poured in it. A quick check on what Karim had turned out to be chopped up vegetables, she inwardly cringed, half cooked egg and small slices of meat.

“Better eat your lunch, er.. Karim.. Before she eats it,” Jason pointed his fork in her direction as he joked.

Desoto growled at him before purposefully slurping up a mouthful of noodles just to annoy him before returning her full attention on the soup in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:45 am

*Karim snapped out of his trance when Jason entered the room. He looked up at the tray being carried and noted that there were two bowls and a pan. The pan was immediatly claimed by Desoto to which he made sure not to be in her way as she reached for it. He reached forward and pulled up a fork-ful of whaat looked like strings soaked in water. He looked at it a bit questioningly before glancing over to watch Jason eat his wondering if that was the part meant to be eaten.*

"Which part of this is Noodles? I've never seen a soup this strange before"

*He glanced over at desoto as she held to pan by the handle and pretty much just ate all of it. he wouldn't be too overly suprised if she started liking the pot to get the residue out. Back home most meals were what was grown or caught. They lived by the old ways so soup wasn't a normal meal option. every now and then they would have some kind of stew but thats hardly the same thing. At least there was some meat. Karim recognized that fairly quickly but the rest was literally foriegn to him.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Why was the soup still in a pan for Desoto? To keep it hot and it was easier to wash. Oh, and it was different, and it could be used as a weapon with hot food in it. Once the solids were mostly devoured, Desoto tipped the pan up to drink the juice leftover, still gripping the pan tightly. The craving for the ramen had been satisfied. But knowing her, she would probably start to crave it again tomorrow or for dinner tonight…

Karim was poking his soup, she knew cause she was watching him.. Not the fan of stealing food, but if he didn’t eat his… The pan was still warp, evident by how she clutched it, but also in a threatening kind of pose. The tips of her fingers were white where the most pressure was being asserted, her eyes were narrowed and, more importantly, they were focused on the other occupant of the seat right next to her. It didn’t help that her head was lowered slightly, with the black bangs covering her eyes.

The stony expression soon changed to shock as Karim asked what noodles were. An ear twitched before glancing over to Jason, both of them locking eyes for a moment. “What kind of world did you come from?” The tone of her voice had no bite, it was civil and more curious as well as having an underlying shock and a tint of amusement. Pointing at his bowl, “Those stringy things are noodles, like dough… And there’s meat, and veggies.. Eggs..” Her tone grew bored, noted by the fact that she got up and left to dump the pan in the kitchen sink.

There was a clank as it collided with the sink that echoed in her ears. “Nrhmm..” Humming to get rid of the ringing, Desoto made her way back over to the couch and plopped down, resuming her closed off position while starring at Karim… Just to see if she could creep him out.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:53 pm

*The steam coming off the noodle he held up for inspection was pretty think signifying to him the he should eat it slowly, unlike Desoto who seemed immune to that kind of pain. He put the fork full in his mouth and immediatly pulled his lips away and gripped the strings with the edges of his teeth to hold it in place. He inhaled shraply to help cool the noodles and could almost taste them as he did so. when they were a bit cooler he began eating and finally realized why Desoto liked this ramen so much. He nodded as he chewed his eyes showing the sudden delight in the food.*

"That is quite good. I suspect it would be rather bland without the added meat and vegtables. So what exatcly is noodles then? just dough stretched thin? what kind of dough?"

*Karim silenced his questioning momentarily as he put another fork-full of noodles on his mouth and repeated his original steps for cooling it.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Well, the staring to make him uncomfortable didn’t work, and the ensuing hurt expression nearly caused Jason to choke from barely restrained laughter. Most people would be squirming in their seat by then.

Desoto noted the way he ate his noodles, cooling them before actually eat them. Exhaling, she sat back; her way of eating noodles was different. It was a basic, pick it up and shove into her mouth while breathing through her teeth as she chewed so that it stayed hot and being a challenge to eat. Plus, the burn made it taste better.

"That is quite good. I suspect it would be rather bland without the added meat and vegtables. So what exatcly is noodles then? just dough stretched thin? what kind of dough?"

A smug expression crept across her face, “It wouldn’t taste good. Soggy bread at best..” She didn’t answer the rest of his question though for she didn’t know how noodles were made. Obviously it was a certain mix of ingredients, rolled out then cut up and cooked, then served hot with assorted veggies, meat or whatever. It depended on a person’s tastes. Shrugging, and possibly bored, “I dunno..”
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:11 pm

*karim was like a child again, discovering something for the first time. He had already tried alot of the things the country had to offer in food such as pizza and hot dogs but ramen was a first. He drank down the rest of the contents as he had watched Desoto do. he licked his lips at the end to get the remaining broth. He inhaled a deep breath and exhaled it showing his gratification.*

"That was very good. I thank you for that. I must find this recipe and bring it back to the village, if i ever make it back"

*Karim tried to pass the last part of with humor but realized it may not be far from the truth. He may never see the old village again. he remembered when someone left on their pilgraamge and did not return they were belived to be corrupted by the world. but now he saw they may have run into the same trouble he's having now. being hunted down for wha he can do. He stared at nothing in paticular as these thoughts crossed his already active mind. His eyes half open in a daze but didn't blink as if all his motor functions had shut down to allow him a better thought process.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:55 am

Desoto leaned back thoughtfully, not making a sound or looking at him to indicate that she had heard. Karim sounded a little down, and the mirth felt forced, fake.

Then something gruff in her voice, fake anger and with the folding of arms across her chest, “I’ll take you back. Even I’f I have to fly you there myself. Jason and I’ll borrow a plane er something.. Right Fishcakes?”

The boy in question grinned widely, giving her a thumbs up, “Count me in! Dibs on the parachute with your flying.”

“Phu; I don’t fly that bad…” Her lips puckered as if in a kiss before mockingly pouting. Turning back to Karim, her pupil’s narrowed, “Don’t think I’m doin’ that just fer you, Hare.” The last few words were accented with a whack to the back of Karim’s head, seeing that he zoned out or started to daydream. Better if he didn’t know she was going to willingly steal a plane and bring him back to wherever his home was. Besides the interesting change of scenery, she guessed Karim could be feeling some homesickness. That kind of sickness was always the hardest to cure..

Jason made a choking motion and ran a finger across his throat before miming dying.. Complete with sounds of pain too.

Catching his mockery, Desoto hopped up into a fighting stance, her voice overly smug and confident, “Hah! You’re just paranoid that I might go psycho in a closed, metal machine! You forget that I can rip the door off and jump out, while you would need help putting on the stupid parachute.. Fishy.”
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm

*Jackel felt the slap to the back of the head coming and didn't bother to move out of the way. He didn't want to seem untouchable. As the slap knocked his dreds around he remained silent. She was being playful but she was using it as a decoy. He was making them feel bad about him. This didn't make him feel any better so he smiled a little but slipped back into his thoughts.

What if they couldn't find Karim and decided that taking the tribe was the next step. they'd never be able to stand against this kind of force. They wouldn't know how to react. He would haveo make himself seen. he may even need to give himself up at somepoint, to save his village.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:30 am

The brooding expression on Karim’s face soured Desoto’s mood quickly. Lightly slapping the back of his head didn’t even seem to bring him out of his daze, only making him sink deeper it seemed.
A song came to mind, a particularly dark song. Music could twist a person’s emotions and, although she disagreed with the lyrics, the overall tune of the song was catchy.

“Sit back now, let me tell you a tale where justice does not prevail. About an ill fated life, so very full of strife; where two wrongs do not make a right.” Jason gave her a cross look, causing her to recall how he hated that song. He thought it warped her mind to being a bit more violent, but it reminded her that there were people who deserved to be eaten and their skin peeled off their flesh for punishment. So, she ignored him, continuing, although skipping a large part, “When I was 6 I used to trick the next door neighbor’s son. In the woods we would run; time for fun. Hide n seek has a cost; he would be forever lost! Oh, but I love the scoff.” At this, Jason decided he had had enough and threw his empty bowl at her to which she caught and promptly fell silent, a grin plastered on her face. “Hah. I lightened the mood?”

“Hardly.. That song rot’s your mind.”

“It’s creepy.. But Such Horrible Things isn’t allowed to float in your mind.” He got up and took Karim’s and his bowls to the kitchen.

The goal of her random singing was to give Karim something else to think about. Her head cocked to glance at him before lifting her chin and scratching her throat, thanking the stars for having an good voice for singing. It wasn’t a great voice but she wasn’t tone deaf at least.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:10 am

*Karim's mind was de-reailed by the singing and put onto another path. But this track ran parallel with the last. The only differance being that now he decided to voice his thoughts. He did not move or look at anything else but remained staring at the table as he spoke*

"Why do bad people exist? they exist because good people allow them to. They belive the bad will see the light and change their ways. However the bad continue to do bad things no matter how many chances they are given. There will never be a good without bad. without bad you can not measure how good someone is. If we were all the same life would have no purpose. We would siomply be another cog in the clock..."

*karim wasn't sure why he had said what he said. It was like he had picked up where her singing had stopped. His thought process had altered but not by much. He continued to stare at the table as the thoughts continued to work their way through his head.*

"Is it that bad people do not want to be good or is it that they don't know how to be good. Do they need a teacher or do they need to die?"
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:04 pm

“Oh, evil is just a point of view, Karim Hare.” Her right hand flipped so that her palm was facing up. “Firstly, know where you stand on the line of good and evil. I stand pretty close to the evil side.. But I haven’t reached the darkness completely.” No way she was going to tell Karim she had certain.. cravings for the forbidden meat, humans.

The couch puffed lightly as she twisted sharply so her torso was facing Karim, propping her head up in her palm. “Then, there are the mental ones, those who want to sit and watch the world burn. Or they don’t know what they’re doing is ‘wrong’,” emphasized as she mimed quotations with her fingers.

“The government is weak, too afraid of making hard choices. That’s why people who are considered brutal and cruel exist. Creatures like me, are burdened with the thoughts and the weight of trying to beat the crap out of criminals. To protect people.” Her bangs hid her eyes as a grin bared her teeth, “Heh! And they call the us the monsters, trying to save them an all… And they need to die. Stupid Pacifists..” Everyday, all the time, Desoto was always thinking about others although it may not look like it. How many people had she rescued and nearly died because of throwing herself at danger? Too many to count. And because of her lifestyle, her tastes and likes had been shaped to think darkly and like dark things. Such as dark colors, dark places, love songs were crap while songs that questioned and sung of other emotions were welcome. Blood was something she started to love the feel of. The crunch of bones would crack differently if one would listen. Not to mention the feel of flesh giving into claws was something sadistic and loved..

“ANYWAY!” The outburst was unexpected. It was loud and curt, accompanied by a loud clap. Mainly to distract her from those thoughts. “You stay here, Karim. I need to go finish some things. Snooze a little. FISHEYCAKES! Out!”

“Mkay! Don’t crack the eggs this time!” Of course that was code. ‘Don’t crack the eggs’ meant, don’t come home bleeding. And since there was a guest staying over, the code was necessary. Jason entered, whipping his hands on a small towel, flashing Karim a grin. “Shopping obviously. And you are going to stay put, big guy.”

“Hurr.. Don’t baby him too much.” The grumble was barely audible as Desoto actually exited through the window and climbed up to the roof, tail curling and swaying for balance. Possibly showing off.

Jason looked from the window to Karim and then back again. Then, shrugging, “she likes to do things differently. Normal is boring to her. So! Got any family here?” Keep him here, keep him talking. Knowing Desoto she had become restless and usually ramen night meant blood night. Somehow, Desoto had connected the taste of ramen to blood and gore, but denied such a thing when he questioned it.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:38 pm

*Karim didn't really pay attention to Desoto or Jason. He was more or less trying to answer himself. He was trying to teach Desoto but she did not seem to want to learn. He could see she was just on the brink of falling into the darkness and he... he was a hand rushing to rescue her from the fall. but if she did not reach back she would fall for certain. He would have to pick up the pace if he was going to stop her from falling. He would need to reach her that much faster.

Karim looked up ready to speak to Desoto but realized she was gone already. Jason was looking at him as if expecting an answer. Karim shook his head to bring himself fuly back to reality.*

"I apologize. Did you say something?"
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Karim was a big guy, Jason noted. He was of a somewhat of a stick, he still had meat on his bones, but Karim was like a box. Already he could hear Desoto laughing at him, pointing out how tiny he was when compared to Karim. And speaking of which, said man sitting on the couch was back to the land of the living and looking at him.

“Yeah, actually.” Jason waved the towel at Karim dismissivly, “You’re staying here, while Deso goes out. As she said, ‘snooze’. Now! How’d you two meet? I’m surprised she hasn’t tried to drown you yet.”

Up on the roof, Desoto was pacing, quickly and turning sharply so much that she would slip slightly. She was getting too soft, becoming too open. She couldn’t believe that she was becoming slightly affectionate for Karim.

“Karim Rabbit!” She growled correcting herself while she tromped down the fire escape and down onto the darken street. The lamps turned on in preparation for night, almost like an alarm clock. Fingers tapped at her dagger hilts idly as she walked down the street, heading for the nearest bar in usual routine. As long as Karim didn’t go out tonight and Jason didn’t try any of those sorry-sob stories, then everything was fine..
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:43 pm

*karim finally leaned back into the cushions of the couch. they felt so good. so sfot and form fitting.*

"Do you mean the first time we formally met or informally met? I had seen her before i met her."

*Karim's Muscles relaxed as he dropped his shoulders a bit from being tense and ready for a fight all the time. So he was supposed to stay there while she went out shopping for eggs... eggs? why would they need Eggs? they just had something with eggs. And shopping in the middle of the night when most stores were closed... and on the roof? Karims face made it become very apparnet that things were beginning to click together in his head. He got up from the couch and realized he was about half a head taller then Jason. He found that somewhat entertaining. He had been mister tall ever since he had gotten to the country. for Karim it was slightly fun being taller then most people. many people were intimidated by his hieght.

KArim wandered over to the fridge and put his hand on the handle but didn't Open the door but instead ran his hand along the front noting it was cool to the touch despite the increased temprature inside.*

"So this is where the food is kept frsh yes? I have wondered how you keep your meat so well preservered... May i look inside?"
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:27 pm

The towel turned around in his hands absently as Karim settled in. The movement stopped when he had to speak, “Mainly formally. That can tell you a lot. The way she’ll treat you in the future depends on that.”

He had to be careful. He noticed the wheels turning around in his head about the whole eggs swap between the both of them. And when he stood up, Jason found it unnerving to look up at such a tall guy. He wondered how Desoto, who was shorter than him could not feel even a bit nervous around Karim. He then reminded himself she was bloodthirsty and knew about a million ways to maim someone. But.. It would be interesting to pick at her later about it.

As Karim questioned about the refrigerator, Jason gave a weak laugh, “Ahhahaha…” Denying him access would make him suspicious, but allowing him to open the fridge would let him see the two egg cartoons or whatever those egg containers were called, stuffed into the corner. Of course he could focus more on the multitudes of left-over’s wrapped in aluminum foil; mostly cake and certain meats he used as leverage on Deso. She had a certain soft spot when it came to cake and would gladly sit still for an hour or two to grab a slice. As long as it was a big one. Otherwise she’d throw a tantrum. “Sure go ahead. Doubt you’ll find anything nice in there though.” He threw over his shoulder as he dried off the dishes. A cat yowled outside.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:55 am

(carton not cartoOn)

*Karim smiled and answered his first question while opening the door. He was inspecting the fridge like and FBI agent looking for clues to a murder.*

"Actully i was preforming for money when we first met. I think she tried to hit me with a bottle of water. I'm not sure if it was her or not though. When i was finished preforming she and i began talking. we started talking about destroying other peoples property when i reached over and ripped her shirt sleeve... purposly."

*Karim had his head in the fridge. looking at the shiney paper that covered many things. Other things were inside bright packages the had large bold freindly looking letteres on them. But he could not read them, reading and speaking a language were two different things of course.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:08 am

((Oh, oopsy!))

Listening to the accusations of Desoto throwing a water bottle sounded right. She must have really wanted to get even with him somehow. And then came the part where he stated that he purposefully ripped her shirt, to which Jason burst out laughing. He slapped a hand over his forehead, “So that’s why she came running home complaining. Surprised she didn’t try to cut off your finger. She must like you.”

---

Hunched over the counter, Desoto poked the remains of her pie. Truth to be told, while heading towards the bar, she passed a late night pie joint or whatever.. Apparently, she decided that sweets would be better than beating up criminals for the time being and had been happily munching away on that really good lemon pie. She couldn’t remember the name of it to save her life, but it was really good. Having a big appetite usually ate a hole in her wallet often, like now.. She ordered an entire pie for herself and bought two more, different flavors - apple and pumpkin – for the others back home.

But now, she was currently stuck, listening to a rather funny teen at the far end of the counter with friends. However, although the jokes she could hear made her lips twitch as she fought off smiles, she was become rather uneasy. Was Karim wandering outside after collapsing? He should be sleeping in. If her room mate was determined, he could stall the big dude for a long time.. As long as Karim was interested in learning about cards.. A hand slapped over her face as she groaned. He always did ramble when he got nervous around really tall people..

---

Leaning against the counter, Jason flashed a glance at Karim, seeming to continue to shuffle through the fridge. “Looking for a body in there or something?”
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:37 pm

"Not proactivly. Mostly just trying to learn about your culture. Though it wouldn't suprise me with the way she acts sometimes... What it this silver paper you keep over the food? Is this what keeps it fresh?"

*Karim pointed to a cassarole tray with some aluminum foil warpped around the top. He really was trying to understand the culture and somethimes it was little things that changed a culture into doing things differently. Like food storage. But he was also looking for Eggs. If they were in there they were inside of anothre container hiding them from view.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:50 am

Thoughtfully, Jason nodded, continuing to dry the dishes. He then heard Karim question what the aluminum foil was, calling it “silver paper”. “That’s aluminum foil. Keeps the food fresh. But there isn’t just that; bowls and boxes can hold a whole lot of other things like soup, toast, meat and other stuff.” The dishes clanked as he stacked them.

---

Time to head back.. The plate scrapped against the counter as she pushed it away, along with the scant remains of the left over pie. The plastic crinkled as Desoto sized the bag possessively, which just so happened when one of the boys at the far end walked by, noticing her getting up to leave. He stood, grinning, in her way.

Firstly, she figured we was drunk off his rear with that idiotic grin plastered on his face, but he didn’t smell of alcohol or drugs. A noise of displeasure escaped her, most likely a growl as she stood, nearly eye to eye with the boy. Starring contest initiated. Brown eyes vs Green eyes.

---

Jason peeked out of the corner of his eyes. It was quite possible Karim was friends with Desoto, although she’d just say he was a sparring partner. Maybe he cared. He decided to try something, since usually Desoto gave off impressions that she liked to kill for pleasure and was always in trouble. “Hmmm.. Hey, do you hear cop cars?”
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:03 am

*Karim looked over the door at Jason with a confused look. He listened for a second thinking he would hear something distinct. He raised an eyebrow after listening fo ra while and looked back to Jason.*

"I don't hear anything unusual. What is a cop car and what does it sound like?"
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Jason opened his mouth to explain and possibly even mimic what a cop car would sound like, only to have that same thing blaring past, followed by the sharp scream a fire engine would create. His shoulders drooped, as his eyes closed, tossing his thumb over his left shoulder. “It’d sound something like that. The first noise, not the second. That’s a fire engine..”

Blinking twice, “Are you sure you’re not just hungry? You still look like you’re looking for a body in there. Trust me, big guy; something that big wont fit.” Jason was starting to get a little anxious, noting that Karim was probably digging a little deeper into the leftovers to unearth the eggs. “Say, how about a game of cards? You can’t really find a fridge that interesting, can you?”
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:31 pm

"On the contrary... Contrary is the right word yes? Any way i wish to see what sets your cultura apart from mine. Somethings it is the little things in one culture that are big things in another. For instance, The food inside this..Fridge.. is all cool which i assume slows it's aging. This would be a very big thing in my culture where heat is everywhere."

*Karim no doubt would hav efound the eggs already if he could read. He pushed a carton of "EGG WORLDS BEST GRADE A's" out of the way to continue looking fo rthem until he finally gave up and closed the door.*

"So what are cards?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)   Dog Fight.  (desoto, Open) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog Fight. (desoto, Open)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next