World On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a World On Fire.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blending in? not so much (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Desoto

Desoto

Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:02 am

“Heeeeeeeeh…” It trailed off to a rumbling snarl then ended abruptly with a short snort made at the back of her throat in displeasure.

Desoto’s anger was evaporating, albeit slowly, but now was entering her sulking faze. It was her favorite shirt, and no amount of money was going to fix it.

Her wrist cracked again as she flexed her fingers while she thought about answering. She could just sit still and remain quiet or she could answer then try to rip off his fingers. The tip of her tail twitched as her ears twisted but remained facing back. No, her eyes slid to glance at him with apparent malicious intent before focusing on her fingers again. She’d stay quiet, leave him in the silence and ignore him. But if he touched her again, she wouldn’t strike at something else.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 am

*It was obvious to Karim she wasn't feral, not yet anyway, other wise she'd have attacked by now. He rasied an eyebrow and turned his head about an inch off center to look at her with a skeptical look.*

"Perhaps my words are wrong? I asked why you are mad and i would apprieciate an answer."
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 pm

"Perhaps my words are wrong? I asked why you are mad and i would apprieciate an answer."

You would.. Desoto’s eyes hardened as her eyes left her hand to have it settle limp across her lap then focus on Karim for a moment. He blurred out for a moment in her vision; her eyes weren’t looking directly at him, just in his direction.

A slight shudder of nausea washed through her stomach and up into her mouth, making her taste something bitter on the back of her tongue. She remembered her first time tasting someone else’s blood when she was fighting. Random thought.

She blinked, her eyes focused back on Karim, flicked an ear and went to admire her handy work on the table by tracing over the ridges and cracks with her fingers. Completely ignoring the rabbit sitting near her.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm

*Karim knew what she was doing now and was going to allow her to continue. Sometimes teaching a lesson like this could take days or weeks, depending on the person. Some would rather not learn it at all.*

"Very well. I looks like you don't talk in this form. When you are ready to talk come to look for me. With that nose i think you will find me... when you are ready."

*Karim Stood up and removed himself from the table and placed one of the $50 bills on the table.*

"This is for another garmet. I am sorry for ripping the first."

*karim pocketed the rest and then turned to walk away.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Her eyes went from the money to him. Her hand snaked out, grabbed it, crumpled it into a ball and threw it at his head.

“Rabbit. Meat. Ya don’t turn your back on something that can eat you.” She snarled as she titled her head to the side regarding him with a look of a curious and hungry hyena. True, she was very violent. But her cannibalistic tendencies tended to override her human side of refusing to devour people. As a wolf, it did not matter. It was quite something else to see a large barely made out werewolf chewing on the arm of a person turn into a teen and toss it to the side to turn on a spectator to gouge out their eyes.

Karim happened to be nearly all meat. All muscle, hardly any fat. Desoto didn’t even blink, but stared at him emitting an aura that just said that if he left at that moment, she’d come after him as an enemy. Wait, not an enemy, but as a prey item; he as the rabbit and she as the wolf on teh ground and a hawk from the air. He’d be nothing but a rabbit to her eyes and a fair hunting game to be devoured.

The demon by night growled a tune that didn't rhyme, "Chewy and crunchy are bloody and tasty."
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:38 am

*Karim stopped but did not face her. instead he turned his head to speak over his shoulder at her.*

"The begining of the lesson i was trying to teach started a while ago when i tore your garmet. It is funny you should use a volcano as your... analogy for yourself. When angered a volcano does explode, that is true, but it does not just release it. It spreads the misery it has been building to anyone around it.
And you only turn your back on a wolf when it is dead, or injured."

*Karim turned back forward and began walking away calmly again, hoping she wouldn't attack for now. Perhaps later but not now.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:39 am

How dare he! Did he think she was that weak?! With a furious snarl, she was standing on the table, clenching her fists. “RABBIT!” Both her arms were growing again, but she was going to fully transform. Her right foot stomped on the table she was standing on, her outburst attracting attention. Claws sprouted from both her finger tips and feet, her teeth went to fangs and large wings flapped once tearing free of her shirt. There was no going back now; her favorite t-shirt was in tatters.

“You’re an idiot! Even an injured wolf will still bite!” Her teeth snapped together as she flexed her claws at him, imagining slashing open a major artery with that hand motion. Desoto crouched, the thick fur on the back of her neck bristling and her wings opening wide, casting a large shadow on the ground. Her feathers ruffled, making them look larger than they actually were.

“The rabbit talks big. The meat thinks he can turn his back on something that can still move.” Another snarl came from behind her bared teeth. “You don’t turn your back on anything unless you’ve eaten it’s heart!”

The demon wolf wrenched the table top from the ground and hurled it at him. She painted the perfect picture of an enraged werewolf, fangs bared, fur ruffled, claws extended and with every intent of devouring someone. Never mind that needle like pains that were crawling up her arm; she was furious, she didn’t notice it. To a human arm, fractures were a big thing to the delicate, thin bones. As a werewolf, her bones were thicker and larger, making the pains an annoyance but not unbearable.

At the sight of her, many people who had been walking by had screamed at her appearance and fled in the opposite direction or entered the nearest building for cover.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a business man about to dial a phone number to call the police. She was upon him in seconds. “What do you think YOU’RE DOING?!” Her hand ripped the phone free and crushed it as she held him up by the front of his shirt with her other hand, snarling curses as she lifted him higher into the air.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:00 am

*Karim's Reflexes kicked in forcing his body to move lower to the ground to avoid the flying table. He stood back up so that he still was not facing her completely but had his eye on her just in case. He had intended to anger her but not this much. Now she was in danger of over exerting herself like the Stone man did. If that happened it would definitely be his fault. She seemed to have opposite reactions to kindness and abuse. Perhaps there was a way to use this. He listened to her ramble on about being stronger and never backing down until a person is dead. When she started attacking other people was when Jackel lost his cool. Suddenly his english became very well pronounced as he started facing her with an angry expression*

"So you think that just because you can bite that your a threat to me? I have fought mere leopards that had more fight then you..."

*Karim started Marching up to her in a threatening way. This would more likely then not gode her further but it wasn't anything hew couldn't handle. He was the best of the tribe after all.*

"...Right now your acting like a beast that is ready to be put down and roasted over a fire in five different kinds of stew. I do not turn away to show disrespect to you. I do it hoping that you will make the right decision, I saw you as a person worth teaching before i saw an animal that simply wanted food. But apparently i can't even trust you to learn a simply lesson about self control, but you know what they say about old dogs..."

*The "old dogs" comment was probably a little far but he needed to push her emotions to see where her boundaries were. About this time he was looking straight up at her. Not a good position to be in but nonetheless necessary. If Jackel Was needed then he would be released, but until then Karim Remained in control of the body. Now that he was this close he spoke a bit softer to get another point across without making too much more of a ruckus.*

"Do not think that because i am small that i am weak. Do not think that because i am kind that i am not brutal. And if you call me Rabbit one more time I'm going to take your vocal chords away. Don't...Test it."
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 am

Her pupils widened as she looked from Karim to the human, then to the ground then back to Karim. He was.. insulting her. With good reason. The fabric tore from her grip and her claws were digging into her palm as her hand clenched, preparing to throw the man at him.

“Rrrrrrh…” Weighing her options, she still held the human, but felt all the anger leave her system immediately as everything he said was being confirmed. Her morals were kicking in at that moment. Desoto then realized the humiliation she backed herself into. She attacked him, insulted him, and was a few seconds ago, debating to snap this person whom she held in half. Now he was attacking her, insulting her, yet not attacking physically but verbally.

Rather than appear obedient, she left go, letting the human drop harshly on his butt but watched as he scrambled away. Then, her eyes went to Karim, then to the ground and the fur slicked down on her neck and she turned her back on him rubbing her head and the length of her muzzle. No amount of apology could forgive her actions. A pained, guttural whine slipped from her clenched fangs as she felt like skinning her tail right there.

Her rules played out in her head as she muttered, reciting her rules. “You do not harm the weak. You devour those who prey upon the defenseless. Should not lose your cool...” Desoto felt like she was being stabbed in the heart as she hunched up her shoulders. She was taller than him in this form. She could pick him up and shake him, she could bite or break his bones if she really wanted to.. For the first time in a long while, she felt harsh, heavy guilt. And she didn’t like this feeling. She didn’t know how to act.

Her wings sagged and her tail, normally carried proud and high, drooped. She didn’t even want to look at Karim; she was too embarrassed and afraid. “I ain’t even good enough ta say yer name..” Desoto believed that to be true. Funny how furious she could get, but also show remorse and guilt when she realized she did something wrong. Her lips parted as she hunched over a little bit more, rubbing the top of her head and stepping away. “I am…Diminished..”
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 pm

*Karim's heart was racing in his chest. He was ready to let Jackel loose at the very moment she showed further agression, but suddenly she stopped. It seemed reason had finally made it trhough. He let out a heavy sigh of relief. He relaxed his stance and let out a nervous laugh. the situation had forced him to learn proper sentence structure and pronunciation to have the best impact his words could give. In reality they had help each other.*

"Well at least i can speak english properly now.."

*He had seen both people and dogs act like the way she was acting before. hen a dog lost it's master, or when a child lost thier parents. They just needed someone to be there for them. So Karim held his arms open to her inviting her into a hug.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Desoto ruffled her feathers and let out a furious snarl. “Bah! I don’t need no stinking pity..” Her voice sounded angry but slipped off, loosing that ‘do not touch me’ tone. Her teeth clicked as she looked at him, dejected and ashamed, but still frowning in the hopes of still looking dangerous.

He was still being nice to her, even after she had threatened him with bodily harm. Her head swung away from him. She didn’t deserve it. People could forgive others pretty easily when they were the kind ones. Those who were like her, you had to act tough and be tough, were very rough on themselves sometimes. She thought of hugging as being needy and a sign of weakness. Hugs to Desoto were also rare and few, and never out in public. And hugs was a sign of affection or comfort and trust in her mind. So.. He trusted her already?

Her fingers flexed as she mumbled something incoherent, her black lips barely moving as she glanced off to the side and keeping her head down. Then, her right hand lifted hesitantly and her fingers wrapped around the wrist closest to her, careful to keep her claws from touching him. “Not.. here.. where there… are people looking..” Her voice was a little more coherent this time. Apparently, she was just concerned about the public seeing this, and was just beginning to notice people trickling out of their hiding places, assuming it was all safe.

“I don’t want one..” She mumbled as she let go and scratched the back of her neck while transforming back to a human. The wolf girl was hiding her face from him still, making it look like she was just rubbing her forehead out of annoyance before shoving her hands in her pockets as a nonverbal refusal of the hug. Maybe she’d hug him. But not here, not now. Not when she felt like a flying piece of garbage. Besides, she repeated to herself, she didn’t deserve it.

“Somewhere green.. should ease the tensions..” Yes. The small park would ease her worries about being seen when she was sulking. And quietly, she edged away for a few seconds, to see if he would follow or not before taking normal strides. To those really observant to body posture or small motioned signs, she was beating herself up. She just needed to get away from that general area before she went and tried to stab her hands as punishment for the eye-for-an-eye philosophy she stuck very close to.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 pm

*Karim put his arms down to show he wasn't going to force her into it. He just stood there with a slight smile on his face as he watched her start to leave. he leaned down to help the man she dropped and saw the something. He picked it up and threw it at her to let it gently bounce off her head. A little green paper ball fell short of it's target. as it began uncrumpling the number 50 showed it the corner.*

"Don't forget your change."

It had more then one meaning when he said it but he didn't expect her to understand that right off the bat.*
Back to top Go down
Desoto

Desoto

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 am

There was a light swish, triggering her reflexes. Desoto spun around but missed catching it in her sulking stage. The paper was green, and smelled on nothing but people and the faint stink of ink. It was picked up silently and smoothed out.

“Yaa twit..” She began, “Why are you still so nice… Even when I tried to kill you?” Something popped into her head, and her hand went to her back to feel a few of the tatters that hung off the back of her shirt. “Gaaah.. They’re going ta kill me for this..” She groaned to herself.
Back to top Go down
Jackel

Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:20 am

"I help people. It's what I do. If nobody does it it'll never get done."

*Karim Shrugged his shoulders as he went to upright the table and push it back into position. He noticed that her shirt was now in worse condition than it started off in but it was just a shirt. It had no weight against the lesson he was teaching. So he smiled as she left and then left as well.*

*The End...I guess*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blending in? not so much (OPEN)   Blending in? not so much  (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blending in? not so much (OPEN)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2